Wednesday, January 13, 2021

 Week 2

      "The brick walls are not there to keep us out. The brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something. Because the brick walls are there to stop the people who don’t want it badly enough. They’re there to stop the other people." Randy Pausch

    I think this quote sums up one of the reasons why Randy Pausch was able to achieve his dreams. He never stopped reaching for them. Also, I feel that positivity plays a lot in people who are successful in reaching their dreams. Randy seemed to be a very positive person. 

Dreaming Good or Bad?

    I am split a little with the subject of dreaming. I am a little jaded when it comes to dreaming. I think that it is important but what I think is more important is a plan to achieve the dream. If all you ever do is dream but have zero action behind it, I feel like it is worse to have dreamed in the first place. 

Childhood dream: Hair Dresser

I grew up the youngest of 6. The oldest 5 were boys. My mom did not know how to do hair or wasn't interested. This is funny on its own because my grandmother, on my mom's side was a hairdresser. I started doing my own hair maybe 5 or 6 years old. I actually don't have any memories of my mom doing my hair so possibly even younger. I could french braid my own hair when I was 6. I loved to braid. I always thought going to hair school would be fun. The older I got the less of a dream that became. I believe if I wanted that same dream I could achieve it. I think instead of going to hair school I would just apprentice with a hairdresser. This way I could learn the craft and not be in Cosmetology school. 


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home